This method involves the removal of a whole downpipe (rectangular type). Please keep in mind that rain chains may not work as well as a normal down pipe under heavy loads of water i.e. during storms. If you're not confident please consider contacting a plumber. You might also need to consult your local building regulation and codes.
- Remove you down pipe from where it is attached to your wall
- Displace the pipe from its attachments to the gutter and drain
- Place the gutter adapter into the existing rectangular hole in your gutter
- Recommended: Seal gaps and spaces with water-tight gutter sealant
- Attach rain chain to the gutter adapter